6.05.2012

Teaser Tuesdays



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To participate, grab your current read, open to a random page and share a few sentences. Don't include spoilers, but do include the title and author. 
 
She had some respect for the poetry of country people's language, if not for the veracity of their perceptions: mountains breathe and a snake won't die till the sun goes down, even if you chop off it's head. If a snapping turtle gets hold of you, he won't let go till it thunders.

p. 31 of Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver 
 

5 comments:

  1. I like Barbara Kingsolver but I haven't read this one. Hope you are enjoying it. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've read most of Barbara Kingsolver's books, but not this one. Even though she gets a little preachy sometimes, her stories are always compelling. This one sounds like another winner.
    My Teaser is from Toxic Torte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've never heard her described as preachy. That's funny. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    Interesting teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete