3.25.2012

Movie - The Hunger Games

 

I saw the movie a few hours ago and I really enjoyed it. I thought the casting was done well, especially for Catniss and Peeta. It was...interesting (?) to see Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, and Woody Harrelson as Haymitch worked out pretty well. I wished the actual games were longer in the movie, as I kept thinking it was taking forever to get to the fighting. Other than that, it was great. It did the book justice and it was definitely worth my time and money. On to the second book. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought the movie respected the proportions of the book. In the novel, there's like a hundred pages of leading-up-to the Games. Also, I thought it handled the last hundred pages well, which I had qualified of complete fiasco in my book review. It's a terrific adaptation that has its priorities at the right place. More than what Hollywood can brag about right now. Was very pleased with the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I read your post on the movie, and you're quite right--Jennifer Lawrence was on point.

      Delete